If there is one thing that triggers a high level of discomfort, then that would have to be a congested nose. For adults, it will be easy and almost a reflex action to blow it off. For children however, that is a different case.
Children will struggle with the discomfort while keeping their noses congested. You will be a fortunate parent if your baby is a “Cry for help” type of a baby. If yours is a “hard to cry” baby type, then you will have to make a move yourself to make sure that her nose is decongested.
The best nasal aspirator will be there to help you clean your innocent baby’s nostrils. For some nasal aspirators to work effectively, you will have to stand against the grossness of sucking the booger and doing it anyway. Until now you must have been probably peed and pooped on severally, playing to the tune of sucking your baby’s nasty goo will be an easy one.
If you found yourself not comfortable with the grossness, you shouldn’t worry. There are modern best nasal aspirators that use electronic motors to provide suction, and we have included them in our review as well.
With lots of brands in the market competing for few customers, getting the best nasal aspirator is as hard as a puzzle. This means you will need to be a little keener as you shop. Lucky for you, we have included some valuable information to help you out.
Top 5 Best Nasal Aspirators In 2019
Top 5 Best Nasal Aspirators Reviews
This is so far the best and popular nasal aspirator in the market. Developed by a doctor, this ingenious device is simple and easy to use.
It has a tube that is placed in the blocked nostril and another tube for you to suck the snot out of your baby’s nose.
Forget the grossness; you will have filters in between the tube connecting your mouth and the collector. These filters are disposable and prevent bacterial transfer.
After you are done sucking and your baby is relieved, cleaning this aspirator will be blissful. You will simply be required to dish wash it. This aspirator is also safe for use as it is free from BPA and is Phthalate free. To make it better; it has a flexible structure that will not cause any nasal injuries.
What’s more, this best nasal aspirator has been recommended by most doctors and is therefore safe for your baby. If you are worried about cleaning your baby’s nasal aspirator, then worry no more as this product is very simple and easy to clean. The only issue to be worried about when using this product is that its tubes disconnect when using it on unsettled babies.
- 4 replaceable filters.
- BPA and phthalate free.
20 hygiene filters.
- Dish washable.
- Uses 4 replaceable and disposable filters which prevent the transfer of bacteria making it healthy to be used.
- It is free from toxic chemicals like BPA and phthalate, which may cause allergies in children.
It comes with 20 hygiene filters making it generally cheap.
- Simple and easy to clean, it can be cleaned using a normal dish washer.
It has a soft tubing which prevents nasal injuries when using it on your little one.
It is recommended by doctors.
- The tubes disconnect especially when using it on unsettled babies.
This is another outstanding best nasal aspirator. It uses mouth suction as the main source of its suction power. This means you will be in a good position to control the suction force, bringing effectiveness home.
You will just be required to put the nostril into the mucus filled nose, the mouthpiece in your mouth and in between will be the snot collector.
What makes this aspirator even better for you is that you will need no filters. Once you buy it, then everything is done. If you are worried about your baby’s safety, this aspirator has you covered. The tubing is soft and will massage the filled nostrils instead of scratching them. To complete on safety, it is BPA and phthalate free.
The only drawback associated with using this particular nasal aspirator is the fact that it has narrow tubing. This makes it hard to suck the mucus out of your baby’s congested nose.
- No filters.
- 100% BPA and phthalate free.
- Uses mouth suction and a collecting chamber.
- Soft tubing.
- Dish washable.
- Perfectly suits children with cold or congested nostrils, it will help your baby breathe.
- Suction can be controlled using your mouth. It also has small flexible nozzles and a large collecting chamber.
- It requires no filters which will ensure that you don’t incur extra expenses.
- It has a soft tube which will make it safe for your baby. This will make sure that your baby incurs no injuries.
- It is free of BPA and Phthalate which makes it safe for your baby.
It is easy to clean.
- It has narrow tubing which makes it hard to suck booger out of a congested baby’ nose with thick mucus.
Are you looking for a little more improvised aspirator? The OCCObaby aspirator will perfectly meet your requirements.
With this aspirator, you will not have to suck the booger using your mouth. Instead, the aspirator is powered by batteries which drive a suction motor. This makes the suction possible with only pressing a power switch.
This aspirator is best applicable for noses with thick and heavy snots. The suction power is strong but at the same time gentle on your baby.
It is a whisper machine; you should not be worried that you will disturb your little one from her deep slumber. It is also safe and non-evasive. This product has been meticulously tested, and it is FDA approved. This aspirator is also good for you as it lowers the chances of viral or bacterial transfer from your little one. It is also budget friendly as it does not require filters.
- Battery powered.
- No filters.
- 3 sizes of soft reusable silicone tips.
- Whisper machine.
- FDA certified.
- It is battery powered which makes effective with enough suction power.
- Requires no filters ensuring that no extra cost and budget is incurred.
- Safe for you and your baby because it eliminates any bacterial or viral transfer.
- It is also high quality and safe for your baby. It is FDA certified and rigorously tested before being released to the market.
- It is easy to clean.
- It whispers quietly and will make sure that your baby’s sleep is not interfered with.
- It has a weak suction force.
This is another modernized automatic congested nose sucker. It is driven by a motor which gives enough suction force for easy of nose cleaning.
It is light weight and uses one simple switch for operation. To make it more versatile, the device uses two interchangeable nozzles.
To ensure that it is safe for your baby, it uses a BPA free silicone which will always fit your baby’s nose comfortably. It also has a waterproof construction with eliminates electronic failure when you are washing and rinsing it. It uses 2AA batteries which are long lasting hence do not require frequent replacement.
The suction force provided by this best nasal aspirator is not so strong enough, and that is one of its drawbacks. Its motor can also be too noisy at times, and this might interfere with your baby’s sleep.
- Battery powered and motor driven.
- Light weight and compact design
- 2 interchangeable nozzles.
- Water proof construction.
- FDA approved.
- Has effective suction, it is motor driven and battery powered.
- Easy to use, it is light weight and has a compact design.
- Has effective suction, it features quality motor and pumping components alongside two exchangeable suction nozzles.
It is easy to clean. It also has a waterproof construction which will prevent any electronic malfunction.
- It comes with a purchase bonus which includes a nail clipper.
It is safe and reliable. This aspirator is FDA approved and has soft silicone nozzles that are injury free.
- The suction is not strong enough, and the motor is a little bit noisy.
To close our best five product list is this manual operating best nasal aspirator. It has a round tip silicone tube that is flexible enough to fit into any nostril.
To control the suction, you will have to suck the mouthpiece through a collecting unit, creating a vacuum which will suck the snot. This aspirator is transparent so that you can see the progress as you suck.
It is made from medical grade and Phthalate free material. It comes with a case for safety and organization. This aspirator has durable components that are easy to wash with soapy water or the top rack of a dishwasher. It is perfect for infants and toddlers.
This great product has a single drawback that you should be aware of though; it lacks a mechanism for preventing the snot from going up into your mouth.
- Round tip silicone nozzle.
- Transparent collecting chamber and tubing.
BPA and Phthalate free.
- Dish washable parts.
- Safety and storage case.
- It is transparent to help you monitor progress.
- It has a nozzle with a flexible round tip, which fits to any nostril.
- Comes with a case which is for storage and safety.
Made with medical grade materials which are BPA and Phthalate free.
- Requires no filters hence it is budget friendly.
- Simple parts that can be washed using soapy water and a dish washer.
- Lacks a mechanism to prevent the snot from going up the mouth piece.
It is hard to be comfortable while your baby has a congested nose. This is why you will try all you can to make sure that you decongest your baby’s nostrils. Decongesting a mucus filled nose may prove to be unpleasant, but you will have to experience some discomfort for your baby to enjoy comfort. That is a price of being a caring parent.
With our carefully reviewed best nasal aspirators, we believe they will give you an easy and quick nose decongesting time. It also makes more sense if you could try all the best nasal aspirators that have been reviewed above to find the one that suits both you and your baby. The outstanding best nasal aspirator among the five reviewed above is the FridaBaby Nasal Aspirator.
It is a popular nasal aspirator meaning it has been proven to work effectively. It is simple and easy to use. You will only be required to place the nozzle against the blocked nostril and suck the mouthpiece. The reusable filters will keep you safe from ingesting the snot. Cleaning this aspirator is so easy, you just dish wash it. It fits the properties of an ideal best nasal aspirator
5 Features Of A Good Nasal Aspirator
Easy to clean
Cleanness is a priority for any baby gear. For a nasal aspirator, it is one key factor that you should consider as you look for the best one. Mucus is a bacterial and viral carrying agent. It can easily have some stench and attract insects.
A good nasal aspirator should, therefore, give a natural cleaning angle for you to see what is really inside it. It should also allow you to clean it with a dish washer and if need be, sterilize it with hot water.
A transparent nasal aspirator will be a good choice as you will be able to monitor the level of snot sucked. It will also be important for a thorough cleaning since you can see to the nitty gritty of what it holds inside it. There are some nasal aspirators which operate without filters. Transparency will help you monitor the position of the snot as you suck it keeping you from inhaling it
Durability is of essence when buying your baby’s products. A good nasal aspirator should last through your baby’s infant age to when your baby grows to a toddler and can blow her nose. Durable nasal aspirators should be made of thick tubes.
If they are made of plastic, they should be high quality and compact. If they are electronic, look at the batteries. Are they replaceable? And after how long? If not replaceable, are they chargeable?
The main reason why we buy nasal aspirators is for nose decongestion. Before buying any aspirator, a question you should ask yourself is, is it effective? An effective aspirator means that it can suck the mucus with ease. Suction force plays a significant role when determining the effectiveness of baby nasal aspirators. You should look for the one with good suction power.
Human suction powered aspirators are effective since you can control the sucking power. The same can also relate to battery powered and motor driven aspirators. Haphazardly they are not completely perfect; there are others which still have low sucking power and are driven by a motor. You should therefore also be keen on choosing these.
Safety is no doubt another number one priority that you should look for in a baby nasal aspirator. The nozzle should have soft tips that will not cause any injuries when you insert it into your baby’s nostril. It should be free from toxic chemicals like BPA and Phthalate. It should also have a nozzle cover or a case to keep it safe when stored.
4 Tips That Will Ease The Effectiveness Of Your Baby’s Nasal Aspirator
- Use saline drops to soften the mucus before sucking them off your little one’s nose.
- Try using cool-mist humidifiers in your baby’s nursery. This will soften the mucus for easy and quick cleaning.
- Use warm steamy water when cleansing your baby. This will induce production of watery mucus which can make sucking simple and easy.
- Try to use the human suction and electronic nasal aspirators as well as bulb nose syringes interchangeably for a quick and effective nose cleaning.
We are hoping to hear from you, have you ever used any of the products that we reviewed? Are you planning to buy any after reading this review article? Do not hesitate to share your feedback with us.