Which Is The Best Bottle Sterilizer To Buy In 2018?
Germs and bacteria are almost everywhere. Be it on your baby’s clothes, on the floor, on the table or your hands. They can hardly be avoided and traced. These germs and bacteria can easily get their way into your baby’s food and eventually into your baby’s body. If proper care is not taken, this could be bad news for your baby. With your baby’s weak immunity, it may end up contracting unexpected diseases from the germs.
One of the ways to reduce the chances of your baby consuming bacteria and germs is by using the best bottle sterilizers. Sterilizers will use heat to kill these germs and bacteria while some sterilizers will use UV rays. Finding a model that proves to be the best bottle sterilizer that you can count on will be one great achievement.
That is why we decided to list the five best bottle sterilizers that you can count on for a reliable work. Let’s have you informed on the necessary things you need to know when buying the best bottle sterilizer.
What Kinds Of Sterilizers Are Available Today?
- Electric bottle sterilizers
- Microwave bottle sterilizers
- UV Sterilizers
This type of bottle sterilizers uses electricity to heat water to steam. The steam will be directed to the bottle killing the germs, bacteria and viruses. Most of these sterilizers deodorize and dry the bottles. They are however very expensive models.
Microwave bottle sterilizers use microwave heat in heating the water to steam which will, in turn, sterilize the bottles. They have a working time of up to 5 minutes and are smaller than electric bottle sterilizers. They, however, do not deodorize the bottles.
These are the emerging sterilizers. They use UV light technology to sanitize bottles. Inside them are bulbs that emit UV rays with a short wavelength. This kind of light has enormous energy that can kill germs and bacteria.
They are completely safe for use, light and compact which makes them suitable to be used away from home. Most of them use batteries or electricity for power. The downside of these kinds of sterilizers is that they can only clean one component at a time which renders them slow.
What You Should Look For When Buying The Best Bottle Sterilizer
Ease of use
Simplicity is one key factor to look for in bottle sterilizers. Nothing disturbs like spending your precious time trying to unravel how a sterilizer you bought works. To avoid an instance like this, look for those that come with simple designs and straightforward directives on how to use them.
A small capacity sterilizer will clean one bottle at a time. This means that if you are sanitizing many reusable bottles, you will take forever. A large sterilizer that takes more than four bottles at a time will be of great advantage.
When looking for the best bottle sterilizers, also ensure that it has enough capacity to accommodate wide necked bottles and angled bottles. By doing so, it will be easy to sterilize these kinds of bottles if you ever own one.
In trying to save money and own more baby gadgets, it would be a wise decision for a parent of this age to own a multi purpose sterilizer. Most of the new sterilizers coming up are made to perform multiple functions. Some can be used to warm milk and also heat food.
Having one with these capabilities will be so helpful. In fact, most of them come with temperature regulators so that you can be able to work on different scales which are suitable for warming milk, heating food and sterilizing. Isn’t that great? As a mom on the go, this will save you a lot of time.
Extra functionality also refers to those sterilizers that can sterilize toys, pacifiers, breast milk bottles and pumps.
Safety is very vital when dealing with driers, since it involves heat. It is important that the best bottle sterilizer you are going to buy to sterilize your baby bottles is safe for use. A safe sterilizer should come with insulated handles as well as a good and secure lid locking mechanism. This goes especially for microwave sterilizers which are heated in the oven.
They should also have tongs, clasps and clips to remove the bottles from the sterilizer when they are still hot or steamy. You should, therefore, be keen in trying to find how the sterilizer has catered for this feature before you buy one.
Having discussed all that, here are our top reviews of the five best bottle sterilizers we have sampled out for you.
One of the key reasons why this sterilizer tops our review and stands a chance of being your baby’s bottle number one sterilizer is because of its 3 in 1 functionality. It can warm your baby’s milk, heat your baby’s food and sterilize your baby’s bottles. It does all these in temperatures of between 95oF to 212oF. This is a huge temperature difference to help warm, heat food and same time kill germs.
So how does this sterilizer work? First, it works on two easy light functions, where if it is indicating a red light it means the sterilizer is working. If it indicates green, then it means that the sterilizer is done. Secondly, it is compatible with different sizes of bottles. Whether narrow, wide, angled or even glass bottles, you will still be able to sterilize them.
Thirdly, you can use different temperature ranges to do various functions. For example, if you want to warm your baby’s milk, you will simply use a temperature range of between 98oF to 108oF, heating food will be 158oF and sterilizing will be 212oF. It is made in such a way that it works on 5 different temperature scales.
- 5 temperature scales.
- 2 light functions.
- Works within a Temperature range of 95oF to 212oF.
- BPA free.
- 3-in-1 Sterilizer.
No products found.
- It can be used to warm milk, heat foods and sterilize bottles.
- It quickly sterilizes and heats food. It can heat 4 ounces of food in less than five minutes.
- It can sterilize 99.9% of harmful bacteria for a temperature of up to 212oF, especially for nipple bottles.
- At the temperature of 158oF, it will heat evenly keeping the nutrients in your baby’s food.
- Instructions are poorly translated.
Operating at higher temperatures than regular dishwashers, this sterilizer can handle up to four classic bottles at a go. What makes it good is that it is compact and lightweight. This makes it perfect for traveling.
Besides being good for traveling you, it also wins when it comes to safety. It has insulated grip handles which make it safe to handle even when you are using it at high temperatures. Who wouldn’t want to use a bottle sterilizer which has been made with your safety in mind?
Unlike electric sterilizers, this one is powered by the microwave. You will be required to place it in the microwave for around two minutes where it will heat and sterilize the bottles using steam. If you are a fan of Philips AVENT products, this will work even better as it will host Philips AVENT breast pumps or bottles. It can also hold up to 4 breast storage cups and lids. This will help in saving the time taken to sterilize the bottles to allow you do other chores.
You will need not to worry; the sterilizer fits almost every microwave oven. The only issue to be worried about is that it only fits AVENT bottles due to its low vertical height. This makes it less appropriate for other bottles.
- Insulated handles.
- 2 minutes working time.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Compatible with most ovens.
- Compatible with a variety of bottles, pumps and its accessories.
- BPA free.
|Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer||667 Reviews||$32.00 $26.72||Buy on Amazon|
- It is safe for use. With insulated handles, it offers safe handling.
- Works with most microwaves.
- It can hold a variety of bottles pumps and parts.
- Offers fast and effective sterilizations of up to 2 minutes.
- It is compact and light weight which makes it good for traveling.
- It is BPA free which makes it safe for your baby.
- It has low vertical height which makes it more appropriate only for AVENT bottles.
This is yet another best bottle sterilizer that is worth being considered. With an ability to kill almost 99.9% of bacteria, the Munchkin uses microwave power to heat steam which in turn heats and sterilizes the bottles. You can use it also to sterilize nipples, teething toys, Pacifiers and small toys.
It has a large capacity to hold up to two breast bottles and four baby bottles. This will really help in minimizing the time taken to sterilize your bottles. To ensure that you have an effective sterilizer, it works with both regular and wide mouth bottles. It can also fit almost every oven.
If you are worried about safety which is one of the key features to consider when buying microwave sterilizers, munchkin has locking tab that is designed to safeguard the contents of the sterilizer and stop accidental openings. The only drawback associated with using this product is its weak clasp which renders it insecure when trying to remove it from the microwave.
- 2 minutes for effective sterilizing.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Open-way latch.
- Capacity to hold 4 bottles and 2 breast pump.
- Compatible with all standard microwaves.
|Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer||508 Reviews||$21.99 $10.83||Buy on Amazon|
- Insulated handles for safe handling.
- The lid has an open-way latch which is good for shielding steam burns.
- It has a large capacity and can hold up to 2 breast pumps and 4 bottles.
- Quick bacteria killing time for less than 2 minutes.
- Works on almost every microwave.
- It has a weak clasp which makes it insecure when removing it from the microwave.
If you are looking for a steam bottle that can sterilize more than just your baby’s bottles, then this one should be perfect for you. With a removable tray, you can sterilize toys, pacifiers alongside your baby’s bottles with ease. Powered by electricity, it heats up water to produce steam which will sterilize the bottles.
The unique design of this sterilizer directs steam deep into the bottles for a large surface area coverage. This will make sure that your bottle is sterilized effectively and in a much shorter duration of time.
What’s more, it is also suitable for treating common household bacteria in toys, pacifiers and bottles. This will make sure that your other entire baby products are also sterilized to keep germs away from your baby’s products.
After the process is done, you can remove the tray and leave them to dry. This will ensure that your baby’s bottles are safe to be used. With only one button, you can power it on when your bottles are well set. When the sanitizing is done, it powers off automatically. This sterilizer’s steamer has a single drawback; it holds less steam and therefore works only for a short time and will leave the bottles full of water.
- Removable tray.
- Built-in drying rack.
- BPA free.
- Steam tower design.
|The First Years Power of Steam Electric Steam Sterilizer||126 Reviews||$62.99 $59.99||Buy on Amazon|
- Destroys most of the household bacteria on toys, pacifiers and bottles.
- It is designed uniquely for a deep and large steam coverage.
- Comes with a removable tray.
- It is simple and easy to use. Simply load the bottles and power it on, when ready it powers off.
- It is BPA free which leaves your baby’s bottles safe for use.
- The steamer does not hold much steam instead it works for a short time leaving the bottles full of water.
If you are not a fan of microwave and electric sterilizers, perhaps UV sterilizers will be fine for you. This is an ideal example of a UV sterilizer worth buying. Tinukim is suitable for home and away from home use.
It is lightweight and has a compact design; it also makes a good baby shower gift you will ever give your loved one. It can disinfect baby bottles, nipples, Sippy cups, toys and breast pacifiers. It has an effective working time of between 3 to 4 minutes.
To be able to be used for both travel and home use, it is made with a sturdy plastic cover and rust free inside. This means that you can pack it in a crowded bag without any worries. Inside it is a long UV bulb sterilizer that emits the UV-rays that will kill the germs.
On this device is the on and off power indicator that will alert you if the sterilizer is working or if it is off. It also comes in different colors which avail a wide variety to choose the best one that suits your baby.
- Long UV rays bulbs.
- 3-4 Sanitizing time.
- Portable and compact.
- 2AA battery powered.
- Detachable bottom and top cup.
|Tinukim Portable UV Sterilizer for Pacifier and Baby Bottle Nipples: Eliminates 99.9% of Bacteria...||31 Reviews||$33.00||Buy on Amazon|
- Useful in disinfecting baby nipples, pacifiers, bottles, toys, sippy cups and lids.
- Has a quick sanitization time of 3-4 minutes tops.
- Uses Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI), a procedure that uses short wavelength UV rays to kill bacteria, viruses and germs.
- Has a simple to use design which includes pressing the push power button and the sterilizer shuts off by itself when it is done.
- Uses UV bulbs that are known to last long, and it is powered by only 2AA batteries.
- With a detachable bottom and top cover, you can easily clean and remove its contents.
- The UV light can stop working.
There isn't any better way to keep your baby healthy without using sterilizers. With an increase in the instances in which your baby can come into contact with germs, acquiring the best bottle sterilizer should be your key priority as a good parent.
- Bullet PWhile all the five products that we have discussed above will offer excellent services to your baby, it is worth noting that the NUTRIHOME Baby Bottle Warmer Steam Sterilizer, in particular, has some outstanding features from the rest. With its 3 in1 functionality and using a 5 temperature scales, it can warm milk, heat your baby’s food and sterilize your baby’s bottles.oint 1
- It will also quickly sterilize your baby bottles; it can also sterilize 99.9% of harmful bacteria. This makes it meet the features of an ideal best bottle sterilizer. We are recommending this product because of its great features.