At Last! We Finally Found The Best Baby Bottle Brush!
As parents, we have to face difficult situations every day for the benefit of our children. And I know this may sound funny, but one of the most challenging things we will all have to go through is cleaning the nooks and crevices of our baby’s bottle. Sometimes, no matter what you do, you just can’t get rid of that formula residue. Fortunately, finding the best baby bottle brush to get the job done isn’t as taxing.
Clean As You Go - The Secret To Keeping Your Baby’s Bottle Scum-Free
Cleaning a baby bottle shouldn’t be difficult, really. But why do most new parents find it such an aggravating task? I remember that I always hated to look forward to cleaning a pile of dirty bottles and would have a sigh of relief every time my husband would volunteer doing the dirty job for me.
I realized later on that bottle cleaning shouldn’t be something parents should despise. Of course, it’s part of parenting, but aside from that, there’s actually a way to keep the task less frustrating. The secret? You got it - it’s called CLAYGO. CLEAN AS YOU GO. That’s the only way to make bottle cleaning a lot easier.
Remember when as a child you’d sometimes forget your lunch box inside your bag on a Friday, and then you’d be surprised with some nasty smell on Monday morning when you’re preparing for school? That’s the same thing that happens to your baby’s feeding bottle when you fail to clean it right away.
All the formula residue will create a crusty or gunky layer that would be difficult to remove because they’ve already hardened or have stuck to the hard to reach parts of the bottle. What’s worse is that it makes the bottle more prone to grow bacteria and molds.
Regular washing won’t do the trick, though, even if you religiously wash your baby’s bottle immediately after feeding. Soaking the bottle in hot, soapy water might help, but it won’t fully get rid of all the nasty residue. And if you’re like me, you’ll end up frustrated and simply throw away all your dirty bottles to make sure they put your child’s health at risk. That’s where the importance of a good bottle brush comes in. In the next section, we’ll give you tips on how to choose the right brush for your baby’s feeding bottles.
Meanwhile, here’s a quick video demonstrating the right way of washing and sterilizing a feeding bottle, especially before its first use:
Choosing Your Weapon - Tips In Buying The Right Baby Bottle Brush
All bottle brushes may look the same, but they actually differ in design and quality. Allow us to walk you through the process of buying the right baby bottle brush.
The very first thing you should consider when looking for a bottle brush is the length of the brush. Pick one that’s just the right length for your baby’s bottles. The rule of thumb is to choose a brush that’s long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle, but not too long that you won’t be able to control it properly.
The handle of the brush you choose should be ergonomically designed, so as not to leave your hand aching, especially if you have dozens of bottles to clean. It should also be non-slip, so you’ll have perfect control of the brush while scrubbing.
The perfect bottle brush should have a neck that’s flexible to allow you to reach the bottom of the bottle easily and get a deep clean. It would also let you manipulate the brush a lot easier and clean every part you want to clean.
Some bottle brushes come with a sponge tip along with the bristles. We don’t recommend these types of brushes since sponge don’t usually last long. However, if you choose to pick one with a sponge tip, make sure you wash the sponge thoroughly after using it as you know that sponges can quickly collect and breed bacteria.
We don’t want to scare you, but this video shows what happens if you fail to clean your sponge thoroughly and regularly:
It would be great if you can find a bottle brush that comes with a nipple brush in one set, although you can always purchase the latter separately.
Top 5 Baby Bottle Brush
There's not a lot of baby bottle brushes that get the job done, but we made sure our roster includes only the best and most-preferred bottle brushes today. Let’s start with number five.
SmartSpace is a great value bottle brush from Playtex. It’s designed to have soft yet firm and effective bristles that will get rid of residue without scratching the inside of your baby’s bottles. The brush comes with an ergonomic handle with a non-slip grip that makes bottle cleaning convenient and comfortable.
Along with the bottle brush is a smaller brush intended for cleaning the nipple. What makes the nipple brush unique is that it can be stored inside the handle of the bottle brush, making sure it steers clear from bacteria. The SmartSpace bottle brush set is BPA free and is safe for both you and your little one.
- You’ll appreciate the fact that the nipple brush has very soft bristles and won’t tear or scratch the nipple.
- Both the bottle brush and nipple brush have bristles on all sides for a quick and effective cleaning.
- The bottle brush is slim enough to fit even smaller bottles.
- You need to keep the nipple brush attached to the bottle brush to make the handle longer.
The Philips AVENT bottle brush is a unique bottle and nipple brush in one. It features a curved head designed for effectively cleaning round sections of your baby’s bottles. The bristles are only on one side of the head, but their high density makes the brush effective even in places that are hard to reach.
The bristles are also soft yet sturdy and are efficient at eliminating stubborn residue without causing damage to the bottle or any feeding equipment you may be cleaning. The uniqueness of this bottle brush lies in the way the nipple brush is designed. Instead of a separate brush, you’ll find a molded tip with ridges designed for scraping off residue inside the nipple.
|Philips AVENT Bottle and Nipple Brush, Grey||177 Reviews||$6.48||Buy on Amazon|
- The nipple brush can be accessed with ease; all you need to do is flip the brush if you want to clean the nipple.
- The brush is durable and could withstand repeated uses.
- The design of the brush makes it easily clean both tall and narrow bottles.
- The way the nipple cleaner looks makes you wonder whether it could actually scrape off dirt or not.
One of the most versatile bottle brushes today is the OXO Tot bottle cleaner. It seems to have all the features you’ll need from an effective bottle brush with its long, non-slip handle, dual-textured brush head, and handy nipple cleaner. The nipple cleaner, which is actually a detail cleaner, is attached to the handle of the bottle brush and serves as the base when not in use.
The firm bristles of the brush head are ideal for serious yet gentle cleaning. The non-slip grip, on the other hand, provides you with excellent control even when your hands are wet and soapy. What sets this brush apart, though, is its storage stand. Once you’re done cleaning, you can simply place the brush upright inside the stand for drying. The stand comes with a removable pour spout, too, so you can conveniently throw collected water away.
|OXO Tot Bottle Brush with Nipple Cleaner and Stand, Orange||2376 Reviews||from $6.99||Buy on Amazon|
- The silicone cleaner comes with ventilation holes for quick drying after washing.
- The stand keeps the brush from lying on the counter or coming into contact with other objects.
- The handle is long enough even when the nipple cleaner is unscrewed.
- The bristles on the tip of the brush are a bit too short.
A lot of moms love Dr. Brown’s bottle brush because it’s a classic example of a brush that combines a sponge and bristle head. This combination makes it very effective in keeping the bottle lathered while being scrubbed at the same time. This action results in a thorough cleaning of the bottle.
The brush also comes with a rubber suction stand, so you can conveniently store it upright after use. There’s more to this brush than meets the eye, though, because the tip of the handle is actually a nipple cleaner with fixed chevron channels. If you’re a cheap yet effective bottle brush, the Dr. Brown’s bottle brush is your go-to option.
- The suction cup stand keeps the brush from falling or tipping over.
- The overall quality of the brush is excellent, and you can expect it to last for a long time.
- This brush is one of the most cost-effective brushes available.
- If you’re not a fan of sponge bottle cleaners, you might not find this one very impressive, especially since the sponge tends to fall off sometimes.
If you want to move away from the conventional bottle brush, then you ought to try the MAM bottle brush. Instead of thin nylon bristles, it features round rubber bristles that are soft and flexible. These bristles are specifically designed so that they won’t scratch your baby’s bottles. The handle, on the other hand, is designed for an ergonomic and non-slip grip.
Meanwhile, at the tip of the handle is actually the nipple brush designed specifically for cleaning MAM nipples, although it can also accommodate other brands. For easy storage, the handle has an opening just before the nipple cleaner so you can quickly and conveniently hang it for drying after use.
|MAM Soft Baby Bottle Brush (Colors may vary)||173 Reviews||$6.99||Buy on Amazon|
- It easily fits into small bottle necks.
- The rubber bristles keep water from splattering when you pull the brush out.
- You won’t have to worry about bristles falling off with this one.
- The rubber bristles do not hold soap effectively.
Our Pick Of Baby Bottle Brush
There’s no question that the OXO Tot Bottle Brush with Nipple Cleaner is the clear winner in this selection. It simply has all the features you’ll need from a bottle brush cleaner. The dual-textured brush head, for instance, simply does an excellent job cleaning even the most stubborn of dirt.
- The long flexible handle, on the other hand, makes bottle cleaning a lot less tiring since it offers an ergonomic grip. It’s easy to grip, too and doesn’t slide off the hands even when it’s full of suds. We were also impressed with the storage stand because it lets you quickly store and dry the brush after use.
- Finally, we loved the spiral design of the bristles of the detail cleaner, making it effective in cleaning the ridges of the bottle cap. It’s also very handy for cleaning sippy cups, too, making the OXO Tot Bottle Brush a very versatile cleaning tool.
How about you? Which of the bottle brush on our list do you feel should be the top pick? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. And yes, you’re free to share this post to spread the word!